Apr

travis montgomery

travis montgomery.

The kid has been held in the Marion County AL Jail for over 2 years, and reduced to communicating with anyone on the outside via postcards. The court has refused to let him fire his court-appointed attorney, ineffective though his representation has been.

Now, after this post about him has been published for a year, at the request of his court-appointed attorney, we have removed this post so as not to reveal our hand  to the prosecution. How utterly pathetic.
You know that the guilt or innocence of kids is less important to me than giving kids with terrible home lives a chance to make something of their lives. Yet this appears to be a case like Jordan Brown’s where a young person has been wrongfully accused of a crime of which he is innocent.
Will you please help us provide Travis with a competent defense? We have already received the promise of a $10,000 lead gift to make this a reality, but your help is desperately needed to help put us over the top.

donate hands

To make a contribution to the Redemption Project, please use the link at the top of this page or click here. Thank you!

If you want to learn more about Travis’ case, here is a police report.
And a fairly comprehensive news report.

Listen to Taylor Swift performing “Innocent

Weather Report

80° and Clear

10 Responses to “travis montgomery”

1. 1 Kori
    July 7, 2015 at 9:31 pm

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have known this family for 15 years. My children grew up with Travis they spent weeks there over the summer.my first husband has been friends with Wade since they were 15. That man doesn’t have an evil bone in his body.he loved renae so very much. But Travis and uncontrollable ways were taking there till on their marriage. Renae was one of my most dearest friends. She would never hurt those boys. And Wade he wouldn’t either no more than a grounding to their rooms. To think that Travis would tell these horrible lies is just beyond me. That boy was nothing but loved and he gave his parents a run for their money once he hit the teen years. Getting in trouble at school, outside of school being a disrespectful out of control teenager. He didn’t like the new rules that were being set into place and the fact that his parents were trying to get him help. He saw no other way out because he didn’t wanna go to the psychiatric hospital so he did the only thing he thought he could. And now he’s telling these disgusting lies to try and make himself looking the model teenager who does nothing wrong. Please. I hope he gets exactly what he deserves.

• January 1, 2016 at 6:34 pm

Then surely you should have no objection to his receiving a more adequate defense to determine what the forensics say about about the blood and footprints? Guilty or not, as a juvenile he deserves the best defense counsel he can get.

And I’m sorry for your loss.

• 3 Debra
        February 21, 2016 at 2:00 pm

His mother was not granted any rights. Travis is desperate to get out of jail, so he has made up all of these lies. He is my nephew and I love him, but he sickens me with his lies about his mother who did what she could to get him help. I pray that her soul will rest in peace and his defense be a plea of leniency. If he accuses his mother of this behavior, he will have to live with his lies for the rest of his life, knowing how much she loved him. He gave up his rights the night he killed his mother so brutally and stabbed his dad. He has taken away my baby sister and I have struggled with forgiveness when he does not even show any remorse for his actions. RIP Renae.

2. 4 christy barton
    February 23, 2016 at 11:11 am

Whomever wrote this article, has absolutely no idea what the hell he/she is talking about!! Renae was my aunt and more of a mother to me than my own and let me tell u something, she never even spanked those kids!!! These so called “allegations of abuse” are absurd and ludicrous!! And u should be ashamed for even posting this!! Renae, and yes thats her name, was good to her kids, gave them what she could, even if it was her last dollar!!! Travis wasn’t even going to no anger management the next day, he was going to be committed because he was out of control. All this is, is a teenager who got caught and didnt want to accept the consequences…spoiled! Thought he was entitled to do whatever the hell he wanted. Now he’s trying to cover his ass with this bull shit article! At first I was hoping he would get the death penalty, but now, I hope he rots in prison, I hope its a living hell for him! He should be punished for KILLING my aunt, his mother!!! And furthermore, the way I see it, this article is slander!! Renae was a wonderful person, and a loving mother. She put a roof over many folks heads, including myself. She was the most selfless person I knew…my heart breaks when I hear these ridiculous lies! And thats what they are!!! LIES!!! Next time u print something, make sure its the damn truth….

• February 24, 2016 at 2:49 am

This article is not slander, because Travis wrote it. It is not for me to judge; that is the function of the courts. I simply gave Travis a platform to tell his side of the story and have assured him that, come what may, I will be there for him.

Innocence or guilt is not of concern to me. He is a kid, and he should not be facing his fate believing that he has been abandoned by everyone in his life.

There are a lot of screwed-up families out there. How screwed-up is for the courts to decide… and for you to demonstrate through your actions.

• February 29, 2016 at 5:00 am

So why do you object to a more thorough investigation? If the forensics properly link Travis to this crime, you can live with even greater certainty of his guilt.

3. March 6, 2016 at 12:22 am

#Freetravis,be strong, I am with you. even far!💋💋❤❤